Most people throw away the pumpkin seeds and consume the flesh only. However, pumpkin seeds are one of the most nutrient-abundant foods ever and you should definitely start eating them more! The best option to consume them is to dry and then bake them until crisp and golden. Sprinkle them with some olive oil, salt, and spices of your choosing. If you still have doubts whether to include them to your diet, make sure you read the below-mentioned amazing health benefits of pumpkin seeds.
The Health Advantages of Pumpkin Seeds
- They better the mood and lower hot flashes
- Due to being rich in magnesium, they help regulate the body’s temperature
- The cucurbitacins in pumpkin seeds have the power to kill cancerous cells
- The tryptophan in pumpkin seeds is known to better the sleep due to elevating the secretion of melatonin and serotonin, hormones necessary for a healthy and regular sleeping pattern
- Due to being abundant in testosterone, as well as other important nutrients like zinc and vitamins B,C,D, E, and K, they make the ideal natural libido booster
- Did you know that ½ a cup of pumpkin seeds will supply your body with 92 percent of the RDA of magnesium? Magnesium is a pivotal mineral because it participates in various bodily processes