Pineapple is one of the tastiest tropical fruits and it has a unique taste and powerful health benefits too. This being said, today’s article is focused on showing why we need to include this fruit to our daily diet.
The Nutritive Value of Pineapple
Pineapple is rich in the following nutrients:
- Folic acid
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamins C, B2, B3, B5, and B6
Bromelain is an enzyme which has the power to balance the body’s pH and neutralize fluids easily. It will also regulate the secretion of hormones in the pancreas and thus, better the digestion. It can be of great aid for treating swelling and inflammation.
The Healing Properties of Pineapple
- Prevents blood clotting
Drinking fresh pineapple juice on a regular basis will avert the creation of blood clots. The best option is to get the juice from the core and stems of the fruit.
- Great against sore throat
Did you know that pineapple juice can be an excellent natural remedy against an inflamed and sore throat? Drink it daily for optimal results.
- Good for the vision
The beta-carotene from pineapple can help you avert eye-related issues.
- Useful against respiratory conditions
Pineapple juice is highly recommendable against pneumonia, sinusitis, bronchitis, and asthma since it has the capacity to break down the surplus mucus and ease its removal.
- Decreases inflammation
The anti-inflammatory characteristics of this fruit can be effective in treating gout, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Strengthen the immunity
The abundance of vitamin C in pineapple will help you strengthen your immune system and avert illnesses.
- Regulates the blood pressure
Pineapple juice is highly beneficial for people who suffer from hypertension because of its antioxidant properties and the ability to avert blood clots.
- Improves the digestion
If you have eaten a heavier meal, to reduce the pain and discomfort in the stomach and better the digestion, drink a glass of pineapple juice.
- Stops coughing
The anti-inflammatory power of pineapple will decrease the pain and prevent coughing. Opt for a glass of fresh pineapple juice mixed with a pinch of sea salt. Drink it throughout the day for optimal results.
- Bone strength
The minerals in pineapple can make the bones’ connective tissues stronger.
- Treatment of atherosclerosis
Pineapple is rich in vitamin C which has the capacity to avert arterial hardening and protect them from oxidative damage.
- Opt for heavy and golden pineapples that have a pleasant aroma
- The bottom stem must not have mold
- Remove the crown several hours prior to eating the pineapple; turn it upside down and put it in the fridge. This will allow the sweetness to get distributed through the whole fruit
- If the taste is too acidic for you, sprinkle some lime to suppress it
- If you suffer from diabetes or hypoglycemia, you should avoid pineapple because of its sweetness
- You can also mix pineapple with other fruits to prepare juices, smoothies, cakes, etc.