Regardless of its underlying cause, physical pain can be debilitating and in most cases, we reach for over-the-counter painkillers to resolve chronic or acute ache, like spondylosis or migraines and headaches. However, the problem with these meds is that they contain a lot of toxins and chemicals and can trigger dangerous side effects, especially when used for a prolonged period of time.
What Is Spondylosis?
This is a degenerative illness of the spinal joints and the discs caused by a sedentary lifestyle and aging. It prevents neck and head movement and it is known to trigger pain in the neck and headaches. Instead of treating it with painkillers, why not opt for a much safer and natural option like wild lettuce plant which you may already have in your garden?
What Is Wild Lettuce?
Herbal doctors and shamans have known it since ancient times, mostly for its opium-like properties. It was commonly used as an anesthetic during surgeries in combination with other herbs. It is a tall and leafy plant with small yellow blossoms and it is very similar to dandelion. It produces a milky emulsion with a bitter flavor in the leaves and stems.
The Healing Properties of Wild Lettuce
- Promotes quality sleep
- Soothes anxiety
- Relaxes the nervous system and betters your mood
- Reduces headaches and migraine (perfect replacement for dangerous painkillers)
- It is known to calm down dry and whooping cough
- Because it has antispasmodic effects, it minimizes muscle pain and cramps
- It can lower asthmatic attacks and make them less severe
- It provides a gentle euphoric sensation
How to Use It?
- You can prepare alcohol tincture from the sticky white sap
- You can smoke it in combination with other herbs in small amounts without being exposed to addictive nicotine (as it is the case with cigarettes)
- It makes a great herbal extract or a tincture that you can use prior to bedtime to relax the nerves
- The stems and leaves can be used for tea
- You can inhale it with the help of a vaporizer
Important to Note:
Use it in small dosages only because higher ones can lead to nausea, vomiting, and lightheadedness.