Did you know that celery is one of the most nutritious veggies out there? It is abundant in important nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and vitamins A, B, C, and K.
Moreover, it is abundant in phytonutrients that posses strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics. So, this healthy and tasty green veggie can help the body fix DNA damage and it may better the intracellular communication.
And, it can also strengthen the immunity. If you still have doubts about adding it to your daily diet, continue reading the article. We will present some of its best healing properties. You will be amazed when you learn the ways in which celery can boost your overall health!
The Best Healing Properties of Celery
- It balances the pH levels in the body
- It hydrates the entire body as it is 96 percent water
- It can help relieve UTIs by eliminating the surplus fluid thanks to its diuretic abilities
- It can balance the cholesterol and blood pressure levels thanks to the phthalide present in it
- It can avert or relieve chronic inflammation linked to heart illness and cancer
- It can help with male infertility by increasing the aldosterone levels
- Celery has the power to enhance the digestion thanks to the abundance of fiber in it and it can also help with constipation and stomach problems
- It can alleviate heartburn thanks to being low in acids
- It eases sleep by relaxing the entire nerve system
- Lowers the risk of gastric ulcers and gastritis
- Being rich in vitamin A, it can help with dry eyes and it may also better the vision
- It makes a great natural aphrodisiac
- When chewed, it can naturally cleanse the teeth from toxins and bacteria and re-mineralize the teeth too
How to Consume Celery?
You can eat it raw in salads or chew it as a snack. You can also use it in cooking and in numerous different recipes. Check out some of the best ways to consume it in the list below:
- Combine it in different soups and stews
- Eat it dipped in yogurt or cheese sauce
- Dip it in salad dressings
- Mix it with peanut butter
- Dip it into hummus
- Dip it in numerous different sauces
- Add it in stir-fries