Thyme is an herb which originates from the Mediterranean basin and it comes in numerous different types. Even though there is only one plant known as thymus vulgaris, the chemical composition of the oil made from the plant varies based on the region where the plant grows. Thymus vularis or linalool is the optimal oil for beginners and the safest for topical application and for both elderly and children.
Other chemotypes like carvacrol and thymol should be used by qualified aromatherapists only. Without doubt, thyme is one of the most common and powerful oils in aromatherapy. Thyme possesses antiviral, fungicidal, antibiotic, antibacterial, diuretic, antiseptic, and antispasmodic characteristics.
It helps destroy microbes, remove toxins, and strengthens the immunity by encouraging the creation of white blood cells. It has a warm and familiar aroma which is potent and soothing. Continue reading the article to learn about its amazing healing capacity.
Thyme’s Best Healing Properties
- Betters the blood flow and speeds up the healing process
- Enhances the memory and focus
- It elevates the blood pressure
- It has antibacterial capacity, i.e. destroys different types of bacteria
- It fights off respiratory infections, colds, flu, bronchitis, asthma, and larynghitis
- It relaxes the body and mind and it can help with depression, tiredness, and insomnia
- It betters the mucus secretion and alleviates dry coughs
The Health Benefits of Thyme Essential Oil
- It can be used as a hand sanitizer and a compress to reduce sciatica, muscular pain, gout, and sports injuries
- When diluted, it can be applied topically to reduce insect bites, stings, and Athlete’s foot
- You can apply it onto the hair- it makes a great natural hair tonic
- Combine it with pine, lemon, lavender or rosemary essential oils to avert skin irritations
- It is highly beneficial for the treatment of Candida, vaginitis, and nail fungus
- It can alleviate UTIs
- Reduces warts and acne- use it as a facial wash
- Add it to bathwater and soak in it to relieve irregular or weak menstruation
Before heading out, do not forget to check out the video below and learn more about this beneficial herb with strong healing power: