Without doubt, there is nothing better than refreshing homemade lemonade during the summer. In addition to quenching your thirst, it will also strengthen your immune system and prepare it for the winter.
The Benefits of Lemons
Though lemons have an acidic taste, they have an alkaline effect on the body. They are excellent for restoring the balance of the body’s pH and are abundant in pivotal nutrients such as limonene, pectin, citric acid, vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium. These nutrients will strengthen the immunity and keep you safe from infections.
Why Should You Regularly Consume Lemons?
- Balances the body’s pH
- Fights off flu and colds
- Kill intestinal worms
- Neutralize free radicals
- Good for the vision
- It can strengthen the blood vessels
- It can treat scurvy
- Tangeretin, a phytonutrient in lemons, can be beneficial against Parkinson’s and other brain disorders
- It will help you be more regular
- It contains more than 22 cancer-fighting compounds
- It can be helpful in treating eye disorders
- The citric acid in lemons will breakdown kidney stones, calcium deposits, and gallstones
- Lemons are excellent in improving the breathing
- Lemons are great liver stimulants because they can dissolve the uric acid and other toxins
- This fruit has antibacterial properties and it can destroy bacteria
- It is an anionic food, that is, it is an ion with a negative charge
Homemade Lemonade Recipe
2 cups of water
2 lemons, peeled
2 tbsp of honey, raw
A pinch of cayenne pepper
10 drops of lemon essential oil
A handful of ice
Preparation: Blend the ingredients in a blender and then add the ice and blend once more. The lemonade is over!