According to Ayurvedic medicine, water therapy consisted of drinking water right after waking up, has some pretty amazing health advantages and it can treat anything from pain to cancer. This is a practice that will cleanse the colon and enhance the absorption of nutrients coming from foods.
The Advantages of Water
Back in the 70s, Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj rediscovered this therapy and found that water has the power to naturally heal a lot of health problems, including asthma, hypertension, diabetes, migraine, arthritis, and autoimmune disorders. According to the doctor’s claims, people often mistake the symptoms of thirst with the symptoms of specific illnesses. As a result, the body becomes chronically dehydrated and causes other health issues.
How to Do the Water Therapy
When you wake up in the morning, drink 250 ml of distilled or fluoride-free water before breakfast. Do not eat or drink anything for the next 45 minutes.
Remember to consume a glass of water half an hour prior to meals and another glass 2 hours after eating.
The Benefits of the Water Therapy
- It cleanses the kidneys and expels accumulated toxins
- It helps you remove toxins first thing in the morning (boost its effect with some lemon juice)
- It enhances the metabolism
- Assists the building of new muscles and blood cells
- Betters the oxygen flow
- Supports the health of the lymphatic system and averts infections
- Lowers the appetite and prevents overeating
- Proper hydration decreases the chance for mood swings and tiredness