When not used on a regular basis, the muscles in the body become weaker so this is why regular physical activity is a must. Exercise is known to avert a lot of health problems as well. This also applies to the eye muscles surrounding the lens so if you do not protect and keep the eyes safe and do regular exercises, your vision may deteriorate.
How to Strengthen the Eyes
Put some photograph in front of you and concentrate on all of its aspects and characteristics and pay attention to even the smallest details. By doing this, you will better your eyesight. This method is based on an Indian technique known as Trataka, a type of mediation concentrated on focusing on one point with the goal to make the eyesight stronger.
How to Preserve Optimal Eyesight
- When spending time outside, look at distant objects more
- Perform regular eye massage
- Wear your glasses when needed
- Wash the eyes with lukewarm water
- Drink carrot juice mixed with several drops of olive oil
- Avoid sitting in front of a computer, phone, or a tablet 2 hours before going to bed
- Close the eyes for several minutes every 2 to 3 hours per day
- Press the eyeballs lightly with your index and middle fingers simultaneously, gently