As many of you may already know, gout is a type of arthritis which is triggered by the buildup of uric acid in the body which further causes the formation of crystals in and around the joints in the body. It is manifested through inflammation and a severe ache in these areas. Conventional therapy treats this issue with NSAID’s, over-the-counter-meds; however the issue with them is the serious side effects they carry. This is why in today’s article we decided to show you how to avert and reverse gout naturally.
Natural Treatment of Gout
- Eat more prunes because they improve the metabolism of uric acid in the body
- Elevate your intake of water to 2 liters per day in order to expel the surplus uric acid
- Eat fruits and veggies on the daily, especially brown rice, quinoa, sweet potatoes, and celery
- Consume more blackberries and cherries due to their high amounts of bioflavonoids which are known to decrease the uric acid levels
- Pineapples are also great because they will assist in the removal of surplus uric acid
- Exclude the intake of high-protein and high-purine foods such as mussels, chicken, oily fish, shellfish, lentils, porridge, and beans
- Minimize the intake of cheese, beer, and meat too
What Causes Gout?
Specific foods are abundant in purines that are turned into uric acid in the body. These substances are healthy and we need them for the DNA. Nonetheless, when you eat too much protein, the chance for gout is higher. This is why you need to limit your protein consumption if you have been diagnosed with gout.
What’s more, too much fructose has been associated with hypertension and high uric acid levels. Therefore, make sure you avoid or decrease your intake of soda drinks and other sugar-rich beverages. Too much alcohol can also increase your gout risk.