Mary Tyler Moore may have stolen the limelight with her luminous smile, but Betty White has definitely stolen our hearts. The popular American actress and comedian has the longest career on TV, i.e. more than 80 years and she’s a pioneer of TV as well.
She’s one of the first women to control what’s happening in front of the camera and behind. Moreover, she’s the first woman who produced a sitcom we know as Life with Elizabeth which gained her an honorary title Mayor of Hollywood.
This year, she celebrated her 97th birthday in January. To this extent, we’ll share some of our favorite quotes by the hilarious comedian and vodka lover. Check them out below…
10 Best Quotes by Betty White
- I just make it my business to get along with people so I can have fun. It’s that simple.
- Animal lover, that I am, a cougar I am not.
- I’m the luckiest broad on two feet, I’ll tell you that. They say once a woman passes 40 she doesn’t get any good parts, so I’m blessed.
- I cannot stand the people who get wonderful starts in show business and who abuse it. Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, for example, although there are plenty of others too. They’re the most blessed people in the world, and they don’t appreciate it.
- I’m not a big cook. I only go in the kitchen to feed my dog.
- Animals don’t lie. Animals don’t criticize. If animals have moody days, they handle them better than humans do.
- Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren’t going to get rid of me in that way.
- I don’t care who anybody sleeps with. If a couple has been together all that time-and there are gay relationships that are more solid than heterosexual ones- I think it’s fine if they want to get married. I don’t know how people can get so anti-something.
- I have no regrets. None.
- Well, I mean, if a joke or humor is bawdy, it’s got to be funny enough to warrant it. You can’t just have it bawdy or dirty for the sake of being that-it’s got to be funny.
Which one is your favorite quote? Do you love Betty White? Which of her roles on TV is your favorite? Share it with us in the comment section!