Juicing for Health shared an interesting story of an 82-year-old man who had a major heart issue and only 13% of his heart was working right due to a heart attack that he suffered years ago.
The man took a long list of medications, but this caused additional problems for him. He had kidney problems and they informed him that they were unable to do anything for him to improve his health.
The only thing they offered was to make him feel comfortable.
His family prepared for the worst after he had to be transferred to palliative care. Anyone who came to visit him felt sad because he looked poorly. He felt fatigued, he was in lots of pain, and was pale.
Carrot Juice: The Miracle That Saved an 82-Year-Old Man in Palliative Care
One day, the man asked his grandson to bring him freshly squeezed carrot juice which he did right away. His grandpa drank the carrot juice and soon afterward, his urination improved and he also started having more appetite.
The consumption of carrot juice helped clear up his urine. In no time, he was looking more like himself: he was more energetic and didn’t look pale. His blood pressure stabilized and he kept drinking carrot juice every day, three times per day. The improvement began within a week.
His doctors were speechless because, with every next visit, he was doing better and better and healthier. Believe it or not, they even released him from palliative care because of his significant improvement.
The Health Benefits of Carrot Juice
Carrot juice is fresh juice extracted from whole carrots and provides an abundance of nutrients. It offers vitamin C, potassium, and provitamin A. It’s believed to help strengthen immunity, better the health of the eyes and skin, etc.
Here are some of the major health benefits of consuming this nutrient-packed drink:
- Rich in nutrients like calories, protein, fat, carbs, sugars, fiber, provitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K, and potassium. It also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, known antioxidants. Beta carotene is its main carotenoid that the body transforms into the antioxidant vitamin A.
- The vitamins A and C in carrot juice are known antioxidants that can protect the immune cells from free radical damage. This juice also provides vitamin B6 which is crucial for a strong immune system.
- May help balance the blood sugar levels thanks to the probiotics inside fermented carrot juice. These beneficial bacteria influence the gut bacteria linked with diabetes. Carrot juice also has low GI so it doesn’t contribute to an increase in blood sugar levels. A diet rich in low GI foods and drinks may be of aid for people with diabetes.
- Carrot juice may help protect the heart. This is because it possesses potassium, a mineral that’s essential in the regulation of blood pressure. Following a diet rich in potassium has been found beneficial for protection from stroke and hypertension. The antioxidants in carrot juice are also good for the heart. In one smaller study, consuming two cups of carrot juice daily helped elevate the blood antioxidants and lowered blood lipid oxidation in 17 adults.
- Carrot juice may improve liver health. The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of the carotenoids were found to be beneficial against non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.