Did you know that citrus fruits make an excellent addition to various foods and drinks? One well-known citrus fruit, i.e. lemon, is known for its potent cleansing and immunity-strengthening properties. When you add it to homemade beverages, you will significantly boost its healing capacity. Amazing, right?
Lemon-an Amazing Fruit
Lemons are bigger than limes and have a bright yellow rind and flesh. They are rich in essential oils like limonene and they are beneficial alkaline fruits.
What about Limes?
They have a smaller size than lemons and green flesh and skin and a rather sour taste. However, despite their acidic taste, they are actually alkaline fruits.
How Can Lemons and Limes Better Your Health?
- Abundant in vitamins B6 and C, as well as folate, flavonoids, limonene, and potassium
- They contain phytochemicals which have anti-cancer characteristics and cleanse the body
- A tbsp of freshly-squeezed lemon juice taken an hour prior to meals is known to alleviate the symptoms of asthma
- To get rid of toxins and pain in the soles, massage them for several minutes with a lemon wedge
- They have potent antiviral properties which can kill cholera bacilli. Mix equal parts of lemon/lime and water and drink a glass of it daily
- Mix fresh lemon/lime juice with a liter of boiling water and mix it with a tsp of honey. Drink it before bed to alleviate colds
- With the help of warm lemon water and a tsp of honey, you can regulate your bowel movements
- Since lime and lemon juice mimic digestive enzymes, they can be of great aid for poor digestion, belching, and bloating
- Soak the feet in lemon juice and warm water mixture to cool them down, soothe the nerves, and increase the chances for a good night’s sleep
- Warm lemon water mixed with a pinch of Himalayan salt swished in the mouth for a bit can be effective against swollen gums
- Mix a glass of water and 2 tsp of lemon/lime juice to treat heartburn
- These alkaline fruits can be the best ally in the fight against arthritis, gout, rheumatism, and sciatica
- If you have dry and scaly skin patches, massage them with some lemon peel to moisturize and make them softer
- Sore throat can be efficiently stopped with the help of a gargle with warm lemon water and a pinch of sea salt.
Important to Note:
Since citrus peels can trigger allergic reactions, make sure you test it prior to using it in bigger amounts.