Did you know that oil pulling is one of the easiest and most effective natural remedies ever? It is a technique comprised of swishing a tbsp of some oil like coconut oil for 20 minutes. It has been present for more than 1,000 of years and it is among the best Ayurvedic cures, which is practiced even today. If you have not started using it by now, you definitely will after you read about its numerous advantages for the oral health!
Why Is Oil Pulling the Right Cure for You?
- It enhances the overall health of the gums and teeth
- It lowers the accumulation of dental bacteria
- Gathers pathogens from the mouth cavity and removes them
- It cleanses the whole body
- Strengthens and whitens the teeth
- Keeps the gums healthy and averts bleeding
- Elevates the energy levels
- Lowers migraines
- Reduces the severity of asthma and allergy symptoms
- Alleviates PMS symptoms
- Regulates the menstrual periods
- Helps you sleep better and calmer
- Cleanses the skin
- It can speed up hair growth
- Assists with weight loss
- Slows down premature aging
- Decreases bad breath
- Can be beneficial for TMJ and sore jaw
- Keeps normal liver and kidney function
- Relieves hormonal imbalances
According to Dr. Damien Brady, dental bacteria are a frequently overlooked health issue which actually impacts 60 to 90 percent of children and most adults living in industrialized countries! Adding enzyme-modified coconut oil into the products for dental hygiene is an excellent alternative to chemical additives, especially because it works at relatively low concentrations. What’s more, taking into consideration the problem with antibiotic resistance, it is of pivotal importance to learn about safer ways to fight off microbial infection.
How to Prevent Cavities with Coconut Oil
A liter of warm lemon water (encourages the flushing of toxins)
Quality organic coconut oil (a tsp)
How to do it: In the morning, drink a liter of warm lemon water and then put the coconut oil in the mouth and swish it around the teeth and gums for 20 minutes and then spit it out. Rinse the mouth and then brush your teeth as usually.
For optimal results, repeat the procedure several times per week. In addition to protecting the health of your teeth and gums, coconut oil will also make your teeth whiter than ever before!