Nowadays, more than ever before, more and more of cannabis’s healing potential is being discovered, especially its ability to help with serious illnesses, including cancer. Without doubt, cannabis has some pretty amazing medicinal properties that no one should miss out. For more than 1,000 of years, this naturally growing herb has been used as a cure for a variety of health problems. The plant has trichomes, sticky glands which are abundant in THC, a compound that has psychoactive characteristics and an immense medicinal potential.
What about Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil is made through the pressing of hemp seeds and though both cannabis oil and hemp oil originate from the same genus, they have different characteristics. Hemp is known to contain only trace amounts of THC and it is a high-growing plant usually grown for industrial purposes, like the production of topical ointments and oil, and as clothing fiber, paper, construction materials, etc. whereas cannabis oil is abundant in THC.
Cannabis Oil and its Healing Benefits
According to newest findings, cannabis oil can be of great aid in alleviating or treating the following conditions:
- Physical ache
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative disorders
- Heart problems
Rick Simpson’s Cannabis Oil
Rick Simpson is a pioneer in the field of medicinal cannabis and has mastered the art of cannabis oil production and he has shared his technique with the whole world for free. If you want to learn how to make your own cannabis oil, check out below how it is done.
- You will need one ounce of dried quality cannabis (usually, this provides 3 to 4 grams of oil, however, this amount may vary from strain to strain)
- Put the dry herb in a plastic bucket
- Dampen it with two gallons of solvent (for one pound of cannabis whereas 500 ml will suffice for an ounce) like 99 percent isopropyl alcohol, ether, butane, etc.
- Crush the cannabis with untreated and clean wooden device and begin to add solvent until you have completely covered the cannabis
- After adding the solvent, continue mixing the content for 3 or so minutes so that the THC is broken down into the solvent
- Transfer the mixture into another clean bucket
- Add solvent again and continue stirring to extract the remaining THC
- Pour this oily mixture into the first bucket
- Get rid of the twice-washed plant
- Filter the mixture through a coffee filter into a clean container
- Cook it into a rice cooker until it is ¾ full and make sure you turn it on high heat
- The area where you do this needs to be properly ventilated and you should set up a fan in order to eliminate the fumes
- Add mixture to the cooker as it evaporates and repeat until you have used up all of it
- When the level of the rice cooker lowers for the first time, add a couple of water drops
- When the solvent-water mixture is around one-inch, pick up the cooker with oven mitts and swirl it a bit and remove it from the heat and pour it into a stainless steel container
- Place this container in a dehydrator or on some other gentle device for heating like a coffee warmer
- The water and volatile terpenes need to evaporate (this requires several hours)
- When there is no surface activity happening, the oil is ready (it needs to have thick consistency)
- Suck it up in a previously cleaned plastic syringe
Check out the video below to learn more about cannabis oil: