Did you know that the delicate rose petals have long been a part of Indian natural medicine? They have been using them as a natural way to heal and better the appearance of the skin and even reduce the chances for its damaging.
Rose petals unfold as they grow and bloom into wonderful flowers. Although sensitive and quite fragile, they possess a healing power that comes from this fragrant flower.
Crushed and ground rose petals have been used as a natural cure for numerous body and skin problems.
According to Ayurvedic skin practices, rose essential oil is one of the most commonly used oils for healthy skin. It’s present in soaps, toners, facial cleansers, serums, and moisturizers.
But, roses have other amazing health benefits to offer to, so we should all use them more often.
Below, check out some of its best health properties of roses!
Rose Petals & Their Healing Abilities
- Balances the moisture of the skin and boosts its hydration
- Tones the skin thanks to its astringent properties and it lowers surplus oil and tightens the bigger pores
- Keeps the skin safe from UV damage thanks to its richness in antioxidants
- It helps reduce acne- it has astringent and anti-inflammatory characteristics that help remove bacteria, cleanse the pores, and eliminate dead skin cells
- Lowers redness and irritation caused by rosacea, eczema, and rosacea
- Its antioxidants help fight off free radicals and helps keep the skin youthful and strong
- Better the barrier protection to enhance the skin’s retention of moisture and natural glow
- May be helpful in lowering the visibility of dark spots, acne, and blemishes
- Improves the tone of the skin and brightens the complexion
- Balance the hormones
- Lower eye and skin inflammation
- Soothe sore throat and reduce coughing
- Helps you sleep better
- Balances the levels of blood glucose
- Rose hips are known to be abundant in vitamins A, C, B, and E, as well as in other vital nutrients like potassium, magnesium, and calcium
Which Roses Are Best to Use as Home Remedies?
Medicinal home remedies using old-fashioned roses or wild roses are one of the best choices. You can also opt for hybrids or rose bushes for DIY baths and beauty projects.
If you don’t have access to fresh petals, you can find quality organic dried roses online or in specialized stores.
There are numerous things you can do with rose petals, including rose infused oil, lotion bars, rose lip balm, bath salts, facial and body creams, toners, facial cleansers, skin soothers, etc.