As the father of medicine Hippocrates once said ‘let food be thy medicine’, eating healthy food can definitely influence our well-being and even better our health.
When talking about healing power of foods, we refer to the organic foods only, not any GMOs or junk food!
Our pantries should always be packed with whole-foods that are fresh and organic. What’s more, the food we eat can influence our immunity.
Therefore, if you need to give it a boost during these cold months, you’ll love this immune-boosting soup made with veggies and delicious herbs and spices.
When you make it regularly a part of your diet, you’ll supply your body with some pretty impressive nutrients.
Let’s check out the recipe together!
Homemade Healing Veggie Soup
For 4 servings, you’ll need:
A cup of purple cabbage, shredded
A cup of carrots, shredded
2 cups of kale, stems removed and torn into smaller pieces
A cup of celery, diced
3 cups of broccoli florets
1 cup of tomatoes, peeled and diced
A tbsp of garlic, minced
A tbsp of ginger, minced
½ cup of fresh lemon juice
¼ cup of organic veggie broth
6 cup of water, filtered
¼ tsp of cinnamon
¼ tsp of cayenne pepper
A tsp of turmeric powder
A tbsp of coconut oil
Heat a big pot over medium-high heat and add the coconut oil, celery, carrots, garlic, and ginger. Sauté around 5 minutes.
Then, add the broccoli, tomatoes, and add salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 more minutes. Now, add the veggie broth and cover the pot.
Bring it to boil and when it starts to boil, lower the heat to simmer.
Add the lemon juice, cayenne, cinnamon, turmeric, kale, and cabbage and stir.
Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes (the veggies should be softened).
The Benefits of the Ingredients
- Purple cabbage is rich in L-glutamine, an amino acid that supports the healing of the intestinal soft tissue. It will supply you with amazing nutrients like riboflavin, iron, magnesium, folate, and more.
- Kale is abundant in antioxidants and fiber. Plus, it will enrich the body with vitamins A and K, which are highly beneficial for the health of the skin and the eyes, and will help you keep a strong immunity.
- Broccoli is one of the healthiest foods in the world-you get impressive nutrients in the body, one of which is sulforaphane, a compound with anti-cancer properties.
- Turmeric has more than 150 healing properties, including anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial ones, thanks to its active compound curcumin.
- Ginger is known to better the immunity thanks to its antifungal, antiviral, and antiparasitic powers.