Our body is fighting off toxins on a daily basis. Toxins come from all the sides: from the foods we eat, the air we breathe, and from the meds we take.
When it all becomes too much for the body, it can negatively affect health and make place for diseases to develop. This is why it’s pivotal to protect the health and lower inflammation by regularly detoxifying it.
Detox drinks are great for this, especially this warm and spicy drink that we’ll share with you. It’s healing, nutritious, and will boost your body’s anti-inflammatory power. It will fight off toxins and strengthen immunity.
Let’s check out the recipe together!
DIY Anti-Inflammatory Detox Drink
½ tsp of ginger, powdered
½ tsp of cinnamon, powdered
½ tsp of turmeric, powdered
A tsp of organic coconut oil
A tsp of organic honey
A cup of hot water
Add the ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon to a bowl. Pour over the hot water and cover the bowl. Leave it to steep for 10 minutes and then take off the cover.
Strain the tea into a cup and add coconut oil and honey.
Drink the tea while warm.
The Benefits of the Ingredients
- Ginger possesses anti-inflammatory properties and it’s a popular natural remedy for digestive issues, hangover, and nausea.
- Turmeric is helpful in removing intestinal parasites, relieving arthritis, and reducing gas. It has antioxidant, anti-cancerous, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cinnamon is abundant in antioxidants and fights off free radicals and provide protection from cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Organic coconut oil is praised for its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and is used for reliving intestinal bacteria and parasites. It’s also used for treatment of gingivitis and reducing oxidative stress.
- Honey has long been used for its healing properties. It’s topically applied to speed up the healing of wounds and also used to bring digestive relief.