If you’re struggling with varicose veins, this DIY homemade remedy made of garlic and lemon is ideal for you.
100 percent natural and effective when used regularly, it helps relieve this condition and boost the appearance of the legs. It improves the blood flow and helps prevent the development of these veins.
In addition to trying out this ointment, there are a couple of other pieces of advice that you should follow in case you suffer from this problem. Check out some of them below.
How to Decrease the Risk of Varicose Veins
- Follow a balanced diet, abundant in fruits and veggies, as well as nuts, legumes, and grains
- Implement regular physical workout
- Try to give up alcohol and smoking
- Improve your posture when standing or sitting; avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Wear looser clothes and wear properly-fitting shoes
- Opt for proven supplements or healing plants for better blood flow and healthier veins
DIY Garlic & Lemon Ointment for Varicose Veins
Juice from one lemon
10 garlic cloves
200 ml of olive oil
½ glass of aloe vera gel
20 drops of rosemary essential oil
Peel the cloves and chop them finely. Mix them with the lemon juice, the olive oil. Transfer to a jar and close it. Shake to mix everything well and close the jar tightly.
Leave it in a dark and cool area for 21 days.
Afterward, strain the content and combine it with the aloe vera gel. Discard the garlic. Add the essential oil and your ointment is ready.
How to use it:
Apply it onto the affected areas at night, before bed. Cover it with a bandage or a cloth.
The Health Benefits of the Ingredients
- Garlic, both internally and externally, has vasodilating properties and it will also help boost the blood flow
- The citric acid in lemon helps better blood circulation. Moreover, it possesses antioxidant properties and may lower the visibility of the skin blemishes
- Olive oil optimizes the ointment’s texture and allows its easy application. The monounsaturated fats in it will offer deep nourishment to the skin and improve its elasticity
- Aloe vera will soothe and refresh the skin, but also hydrate and protect it. It’s also known to possess anti-inflammatory properties
- Rosemary essential oil betters the blood flow and ensures the ointment has a pleasant smell; it also optimizes the oxygenation to the area where it’s applied