Nowadays, the popularity of coconut-based products is bigger than ever before and there are so many things that are made with coconut, from coconut oil and coconut butter to coconut water, milk, cream, flour, shreds, and even coconut soy sauce. A lot of people use these products on a daily basis because of the claimed health benefits of coconut and because of its numerous applications in daily life.
What Is Coconut?
As explained on The Hearty Soul, coconut is part of the Arecaceae family and its flesh is abundant in healthy fatty acids. The fat composition varies according to the type and how the oil was processed and how much. Almost 90 percent of coconut oil is made up of medium-chain saturated fatty acids and a bit of mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fatty acids.
The Benefits of Medium-Chain Fatty Acids
These fatty acids are known to be easily digested, absorbed, and used by the body and they freely pass the blood-brain barrier in its unbound form and the brain is therefore able to use them as a source of energy. They are also good for the neurological health, as explained on the Hearty Soul.
When talking about virgin coconut oil, it is a definite must in your home due to some pretty amazing reasons. Check out the best ones below:
- Readily available
- 100 percent natural
- Possesses strong anti-carcinogenic characteristics
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Can be great in fighting off infections
- It keeps you safe from free radical formation and damage
- Betters the absorption of nutrients
- It is safe for use for both humans and animals
Amazing Uses of Coconut Oil
- Eliminates age (liver) spots. Apply it directly onto the affected area on the daily
- Coconut oil makes an excellent after shave and it will speed up the healing of the skin without blocking the pores; it also lowers the discomfort from razor burns
- Salt and coconut oil make an excellent body scrub. Massage the body with it and then rinse it off. The skin will be left super soft
- Coconut oil can speed up the healing of bruises and it will also minimize redness and swelling
- To reduce the discomfort, itchiness, and pain from minor burns, apply some coconut oil directly onto the area to lower the chances of permanent scarring
- Coconut oil is great for healing dry skin on baby scalp. Rub a tsp of it onto the affected area on a daily basis
- Coconut oil can help you fight off dandruff by moisturizing it and lowering dandruff symptoms. What’s more, it will regulate the oil secretion from the scalp
- You can use it as a natural deodorant; just apply some of it onto the armpits
- Did you know that coconut oil is a 100 percent natural and safe-for-use lubricant that you can use for masturbation and intercourse? But, remember, it is not compatible with latex
- To easily remove makeup, dab a cotton ball into coconut oil and gently rub the wanted areas with it
- Coconut oil is an excellent, all-natural massage oil
- If you have been struggling with cracked, dry, or sore nipples, massage them gently with some coconut oil on the daily
- If you have acne-prone skin or an oily T-zone, apply a bit of coconut oil before applying makeup or on its own to minimize the stimulation of oil
- For sunburned skin, rub some coconut oil gently onto the affected parts of the body
To learn more uses of coconut oil and how to incorporate it into your daily life, check out the following link.