Most of you will definitely agree than there is nothing better than quenching your thirst and refreshing yourself in summer than a glass of cold water, right? However, as noted on Cure Joy, are you aware of the effects that drinking cold water has on the body?
Unfortunately, adding several ice cubes to your glass of water has an adverse influence on the digestive tract. Moreover, cold water will tighten your blood vessels, weaken your immunity, and worsen your indigestion.
To prevent all of these problems, make sure you drink temperature water only.
The Cons of Drinking Cold Water
- Cold drinks are known to make the blood vessels smaller and restrict the digestive processes
- Cold drinks impede proper hydration
- When you drink a cold beverage, the body, instead of focusing on digestion and absorption of nutrients for energy, it begins to waste more energy to regulate the temperature in your body, which consequently leads to loss of water
- When you consume a glass of cold water after eating, you will contribute to more surplus mucus in the body, which will lower the functioning of the immunity and you will be more prone to colds and other diseases
- Drinking cold water with meals or right after meals, the body will have more trouble digesting the bad fat and expelling it from the body
Why You Should Drink Warm Water Instead
- Boosts your hydration
- It stimulates the production of digestive enzymes and improves the digestive processes
- Helps break down food better
- Enhances the bowel movements; warm lemon water in the morning is an excellent way to boost your metabolism
- It will detoxify your blood and better the functioning of the skin, kidneys, and lymphatic system which are crucial for the detoxification of the body
Do not forget to check out the video below to learn more about why you need to stop or decrease the consumption of cold water: