Without doubt, turmeric is considered to be one of the healthiest superfoods in the world and a lot of its health benefits have been scientifically proven. In order to reap the amazing health advantages of this plant, you should learn how to prepare turmeric golden paste and combine it in meals and drinks.
Interestingly, turmeric is one of the most commonly used spices in different meals, particularly in Indian curry, and, India has the lowest rates of cancer, Alzheimer’s, and other chronic illnesses.
Turmeric’s Potent Healing Powers
Turmeric will boost your body’s anti-inflammatory power and help you lower pain and fever and it comes without any serious side effects as it is often the case with over-the-counter anti-inflammatories.
Moreover, research has discovered that turmeric’s active ingredient, i.e. curcumin, has the capacity to fight off cancerous cells. Studies done with lab mice discovered that curcumin averted or slowed down skin, breast, stomach, liver, colon, and duodenum cancer. Its anti-angiogenic characteristics will decrease the formation of new blood cells in tumors and avert their further growth.
How to Boost Turmeric’s Bioavailability
Though it can do wonders for our overall health and being, turmeric is not readily available for absorption in the body and when we consume it, most of it is quickly metabolized before the body absorbs it.
Luckily for us, we can enhance its bioavailability by mixing it up with some black pepper. It is the piperine in this spice that has the power to briefly slowing down its removal from the blood. Knowing this, it is vital that you start consuming this turmeric golden paste enriched with black pepper.
Come on; let us take a look at the recipe below…
DIY Turmeric Golden Paste Recipe
½ cup of turmeric
A cup of water
A tsp of black pepper, ground
¼ of organic coconut oil or olive oil
Preparation: In a pan, pour the water and add the turmeric. Bring it to medium heat and stir until you get a thick texture, somewhere between 6 to 10 minutes. To get the right texture, add more water or more turmeric if needed.
Then, combine the oil and black pepper and mix once more. Remove the pan from the heat and wait for it to cool down. Once ready, transfer it into the jar and close it. Keep it in the fridge and use it within 4 to 5 weeks.
How to Use My Turmeric Golden Paste?
- Against metabolic, autoimmune, neurodegenerative, pulmonary, cardiovascular illnesses and cancer, take ¼ to ½ tsp of the paste and drink some water
- Add some organic honey if you want to improve the paste’s taste
- Mix it with a glass of cold or warm drink to get golden turmeric milk- one of the most popular healthy beverages in Asian countries
- Combine it with smoothies to enhance their nutritional power and boost the flavor
- Feel free to spice up meat dishes and soups with this turmeric paste
- Did you know that this turmeric paste goes great with rice? Add a tsp or more prior to serving rice and mix