Even though the reasons for infertility can be of different types, one of the most common reasons why women cannot conceive is because of blocked fallopian tubes. These tubes are pathways through which the eggs travel from the ovaries into the uterus.
When they are blocked, this process is impeded. This being said, today’s article will be focused on presenting the major reasons for this health problem and both conventional and natural treatment options.
What Are the Causes of Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
Before we explain the main reasons, we need to note that there are several types of blockages. Namely, the tubes have distinct parts and each of the tubes’ section has its own name.
Medically speaking, there are some traumas or illnesses which may impact some areas of the tubes more than others. Check out the list below to see the main potential causes:
- Proximal tubal occlusion- it involves the isthmus and it may happen due to an infection caused by complications with abortion, C-section or missed miscarriage.
- Mid-segment tubal obstruction- because of tubal ligation damage. This surgical procedure is performed to permanently avert pregnancy.
- Distal tubal occlusion- this blockage happens in the part of the tube end, towards the ovary.
- Other potential causes include uterine fibroids, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy, lower abdomen surgery complications, etc.
Medical Treatments of Blocked Fallopian Tubes
- Surgical procedures through open abdominal surgery or laparoscopy
- A removal procedure of a part of the tube and a new opening is made nearest the ovary (the effect is short-term; usually another blockage happens after three to six months
- Fimbrioplasty or surgical procedure for rebuilding the fimbriae
- Selective tubal cannulation
- Tubal ligation or removal of a part of the fallopian tube and two ends are reattached to form a whole tube
What Are the Natural Treatment Options?
- Systemic enzyme therapy
The goal of this treatment is to assist the body in removing surplus tissue, dissolve scar tissues, purify the blood, and boost the blood flow to the reproductive organs. This is a therapy is consisted of systemic enzymes that are naturally present in the body. The goal is to aid the body lower inflammation, pain, and minimize the buildup of scar tissue.
- Fertility cleansing
This detoxification cleanses the reproductive system and boosts the blood flow to the reproductive organs. The specific herbs in this detox go to the places where they are needed and ease the body’s response and usage of other natural cures. To find out about this cleansing method, check out this link.
- Fertility massage of the abdomen
Massage is considered by many to be a beneficial therapy for healthy fallopian tubes. Proper massage is known to boost the circulation and it is a non-invasive option for women with this health problem. Check out the video below to see the massage in detail:
- Castor oil
Castor oil pack is a cloth which is soaked in castor oil and put on the skin to boost the blood flow and help heal the tissues and organs underneath. This therapy may help with blocked fallopian tubes by softening the tissues and boosting the blood flow.