Bay leaf is a musky leaf of the bay laurel tree. Originating from the Mediterranean, this leaf has long been used by different nations for different purposes and for a long period of time. Many have considered the bay tree to be a sacred one and its branches were given to winners and poets as a sign of honor and glory.
Though they are commonly used for cooking and perfume making, bay leaves are also used as a potent natural remedy because of their abundance in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
How to Reap Bay Leaf’s Benefits?
Did you know that in addition to adding them to different meals, you can benefit from bay leaves by burning them? Just take several leaves and put them in an ashtray or a metal dish. Light them up and leave them to burn in the dish for 10 minutes. Breathe in and enjoy…
3 Best Advantages from Burning Bay Leaves
- Lower anxiousness
Bay leaves have linalool, a compound which was discovered to have the power to alleviate anxiety and boost one’s will for social interaction. 10 minutes of breathing in the aroma of burning bay leaves and you will feel much better.
2. Keep the respiratory tract safe
The eugenol and mycrene in bay leaves possess anti-inflammatory characteristics and can help move the mucus and phlegm from the lungs and boost the work of the respiratory passages. Inhale some of the steam coming out of the burning leaf to enhance your respiratory health.
3. Relieve tiredness
When you burn bay leaves, the combination from the pinene, elemicin, and cineol found in them produces a relaxing and calming effect, as well as stimulating one, which is great for when you are feeling tired and need a boost in energy.
Other Important Health Advantages of Bay Leaves
- Fights off diabetes type 2 thanks to its antioxidants that better the body’s processing of insulin
- Keep the heart healthy thanks to the caffeic acid and rutin; they strengthen the capillary walls and eliminate bad cholesterol
- Protect you from cancer because of the beneficial antioxidants like catechins and phytonutrients that fight off the free radicals associated with cancer cells
- Beneficial for insomnia sufferers because of its calming impact on the mind and will encourage deep sleep
- Eliminate dandruff- mix cold water and bay leaves and rinse the hair with it after shampooing it
Before heading out, do not forget to check out the video below and learn more about the advantages of burning bay leaves in your home: