According to Ruled, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS accounts for as much as 70 percent of infertility problems in women. Moreover, it is considered to be the most common hormonal issue in women during their childbearing age; however, only few women are aware of it and its most frequent symptoms.
Before we present several methods on how to address this health problem naturally, let us learn more about the major symptoms of this health problem.
The Major Symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
- Irregular and absent periods
- Inability to conceive
- Gaining weight
- Difficulty losing weight
- Acne outbreaks
- Hirsutism, i.e. excessive hair growth
- Male pattern baldness
- Hair thinning
- Changes in mood
- Poor libido
How to Address PCOS Naturally
If you have been diagnosed with this hormonal problem, there are specific all-natural approaches that may help you address this health problem easier, according to Healing Life Is Natural.
Here are the major ones:
- Dietary improvements
If the illness is a result of insulin resistance, you need to be able to regulate your glucose levels. This may be achieved by eating more of your daily calories for breakfast instead of eating them for lunch or dinner. You should also introduce foods that can contribute to a healthy weight loss. PCOS-friendly nutrition should also contain a lot of different veggies, fruits, whole grains, and low-fat dairy.
- Herbal remedies
Some of the most commonly-used herbal cures for this health problem are dandelion root, milk thistle, licorice, saw palmetto, stinging nettle, spearmint, red clover, chaste berry, and St. John’s wort.
- Homemade DIY remedies
With the help of these remedies, you can contribute to naturally treating your PCOS. Check out the three most beneficial natural remedies that you can prepare at your own home:
- Cinnamon: opt for 2 tsp of cinnamon per day to lower insulin resistance and minimize the PCOS symptoms.
- Flaxseed: eat one to two tbsp of flaxseed per day to balance the excessive presence of male hormones and to lower the inflammation with the help of the fiber found in it.
- Apple cider vinegar: mix 3 tbsp of ACV and a glass of water and drink it three times per day. This will balance your blood sugar levels and lower the testosterone production.