Even though visits to the dentist’s office are not our favourite thing to do, we have to go from time to time, whether it is to fix a broken tooth, to remove surplus plaque or too much tartar, resolve gum problems, etc. And, we often spend a small fortune on different dental procedures and we cannot but wonder if there is some alternative approach that can be helpful without emptying our pockets. So, we are here to be of aid! Did you know that you can actually eliminate deposits of tartar without going to the dentist in the comfort of your own home? If you want to learn more about this recipe for tartar removal that we found on King Demic, continue reading this article.
DIY Remedy for Tartar Removal at Home
You will need:
Preparation: In a cup, mix a tbsp of baking soda and half a tsp of salt. Rinse your toothbrush and then dip it in the mixture and use it to brush your teeth thoroughly for 5 minutes and then rinse the mouth and spit out the content.
Then, combine one cup of hydrogen peroxide and half a cup of warm water and swish the mixture throughout your mouth for a minute. Spit it out and rinse the mouth with water. Now, use the interdental brush to rub off the yellowish tartar from the teeth. Do not use too much pressure and be cautious not to harm the gums. When you are done, rinse the mouth with the mouthwash.
Helpful Tips for Healthy Teeth
- The vitamin C from tomatoes and strawberries can do wonders for your oral health. Use a tomato slice or a strawberry to rub the teeth. Leave them like that for 5 minutes and then rinse the mouth. This will easily eliminate the tartar deposits. At the end of the procedure, wash the mouth with a mixture of water and baking soda.
- Eating a slice of cheddar or Swiss cheese can be advantageous for the oral health because it will neutralize the bad bacteria and avert tartar depositing.
- When you brush the teeth, make sure you use vertical movements and remember to also clean the space between the teeth and gums.
- Floss the teeth on a regular basis.
- Eat spicy food from time to time because the glands will stimulate a higher release of saliva and this will naturally detoxify the mouth.