Most of you have probably heard about the numerous health advantages that Himalayan salt has to offer, but what you may not know is that it is actually more potent than you can imagine! In addition to being a healthy spice to add more flavour to your meals, this salt has numerous other benefits to offer.
Mined from the Himalayan mountains in China, India, Nepal and Myanmar, the crystallised salt beds remained clean and fresh from toxins thanks to the lava with which the Himalayas were covered, approximately two millions of years ago.
This is without doubt the purest sea salt ever with astonishing healing capacity because of its abundance in minerals. These minerals work together with the sodium in helping the body alleviate and avert numerous health problems.
Before we head out to show you the numerous uses of this salt, let us first learn some important facts about it…
Important Facts about Himalayan Salt
- This pink salt is abundant in more than 80 minerals, including bromide, potassium, magnesium,fluoride, borate, sulphate, and bicarbonate
- It contains naturally-occurring iodine
- Although it has the same elements as sea salt, its crystal structure makes its sodium content much lower
- It can strengthen the health of the bones and speed up the metabolism
- It hydrates the whole body and the pH balance
- It averts muscle cramps and improves the libido
- Detoxifies the body from heavy metals and toxins
- In cooking, you can add it to different meals, veggies, meat, fish, etc.
Amazing Uses of Himalayan Salt
- Add it to baths
When you prepare your next bathwater, remember to add some Himalayan salt as well- this will elevate the mineral levels and detoxify the whole body. Himalayan salt baths can also relieve muscle ache.
- Cleanses the air
Himalayan salt lamps are one of the most commonly used methods to cleanse the air from bad bacteria and treat respiratory problems.
- For decoration
In addition to cleansing the air, Himalayan salt lamps make an excellent decorative element for living rooms, bedrooms, etc.
DIY Poultry & Pork Brine with Himalayan Salt
You will need:
3 ounces of Himalayan sea salt
3 ounces of sugar
A tbsp of lemon zest, grated
A gallon of water
Preparation: First, boil the water in a pot and then add the ingredients. Simmer until the salt completely dissolves. Leave the content to cool down for 6 hours. Then, soak the pork or the poultry in the brine for 6 to 8 hours. Afterwards, move it into the fridge for a couple of hours. Then, roast the meat. Enjoy!