Did you know that a lot of people today are struggling with insomnia? They toss and turn for hours in bed without being able to get a good night’s sleep. As a result, they feel tired in the morning, low on energy, and cannot get through with their chores.
People who suffer from insomnia also complain of poor mood and easy irritability. Consequently, they reach for over-the-counter sleeping pills to finally get that much needed sleep and rest. Unfortunately, these pills come with serious side effects.
With this in mind, it is a good idea to try some more natural and alternative treatments that can help you fight off insomnia. Some of them include yoga, massage, aromatherapy, herbal remedies, visualization, etc.
Moreover, there are plants you can put in your bedroom and improve your sleep quality, but lower depression and anxiety too!
The 9 Best Bedroom Plants
- English Ivy is an amazing indoor plant. Place it in your bedroom to detoxify the air, eliminate all toxins and chemicals, and create a beautiful and relaxing sleep atmosphere.
- Peace Lily is a great low-maintenance plant for removing the formaldehyde and benzene from the air. Moreover, it will also balance the humidity in the air. It is an excellent option for dry climates.
- Lavender is undoubtedly a plant with one of the most pleasant scents which is regularly used in aromatherapy and phytotherapy. It is believed to help with anxiety, stress, and sleep problems. By placing it in your bedroom, you will boost your quality of sleep and increase your chances of a calm and long sleep.
- Snake Plant is one of the 10 best natural air cleansers, according to a study done by NASA. It is known to release oxygen in the night time so it is the ideal plant for bedrooms and a clean and fresh air indoors.
- Gardenia is a plant with potent sedative properties and it will help your brain and body to unwind. Thanks to its therapeutic aroma, you will no longer need to poison your body with sleeping pills!
- Aloe vera is known to possess a long list of health benefits and when placed in the bedroom, it will release oxygen into the air and make it fresher and cleaner. Consequently, you will able to sleep calmer and better and wake up refreshed in the morning.
- Valerian Root is without doubt one of the most potent plants to alleviate insomnia. Inhaling its sedative characteristics will help you ditch those pills and get a calm and relaxed sleep.
- Spider Plant is another plant purifier according to NASA and it was found to remove up to 90 percent of formaldehyde from the air.
- Jasmine is a potent plant with white flowers and a pleasant aroma, but a sedative property too. By inhaling its smell, you will feel less anxious and sleep better.