The rainbow fruit salad is certainly one of the best summer fruit salads featuring sweet and bright honey and lime dressing. Refreshing and nutritious, it’s a definite must for warm summer days and when you have guests over.
Prepare them this salad, and believe us, it will become their favorite, especially to children. You just mix in all of the ingredients in a big salad bowl, give everyone a fork, and enjoy it outside in the evening.
What a beautiful way to enjoy the ending of the day…
Rainbow Fruit Salad Recipe
Unlike frozen whipped toppings for fruit salads, this salad has no heavy and creamy salad dressing. It gives space for the fruits’ natural flavors to shine without adding unhealthy stuff such as sugar.
The vibrant flavors won’t be suppressed by the artificial flavors from pudding mixes. In this recipe, even the dressing is organic and natural- you just need some quality honey and organic lime to make the fruits sing!
- Ideal summer side dish for parties and cookouts
- If you don’t eat some of the listed fruits, feel free to replace them with other preferred ones
- You just need around 20 minutes for preparation
- This salad has 163 calories per serving
Here’s what you need:
A lb of strawberries, chopped
A lb of pineapple, chopped
12 oz. of fresh blueberries
12 oz. of red grapes, sliced
4 kiwis, peeled and chopped
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
3 mandarin oranges, peeled and sliced
For the dressing:
¼ cup of organic honey
2 tsp of lime zest
1 ½ tbsp of fresh lime juice
Put the chopped and sliced fruits to a big bowl and in another bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Then, pour them over the fruits and mix a bit. Serve right away! Enjoy…
- For best results, avoid using frozen fruits
- Make sure you use ripened fruit
- Don’t zest the lime with a grater for cheese- go with a zester and use low pressure