Turmeric is one of the most popular spices today-used in India for centuries; it’s both a culinary spice and an herb used for medicinal purposes.
For a long time, Indians have praised it for a long list of health benefits and now science has started proving them.
Its healing compounds are called curcuminoids. And, curcumin is the most important of them and praised for its numerous healing properties.
Curcumin is beneficial for relieving inflammation and boosting the antioxidant power in the body.
However, since the body isn’t the best at absorbing curcumin in the blood, it’s essential to combine it with black pepper. This spice has piperine- a substance that naturally boosts the curcumin absorption by 2000 percent.
And, it’s smart to combine turmeric with good fats as is it’s fat-soluble.
One of the most praised turmeric drinks today is definitely warm turmeric water. It’s considered an awesome way to start your morning. Here’s why…
Why Is Warm Turmeric Water Great for Starting the Day?
Thanks to turmeric antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties, turmeric water in the morning will help improve your health in various ways.
Here are some of the best ones:
- Lowers inflammation, which is great for people with chronic arthritic pain
- Lower the risk of memory loss and other age-caused degenerative disorders
- Betters the liver function and makes it more efficient in cleansing the body from toxins
- Encourages bile production and betters food digestion
- Speeds up the healing processes in the body thanks to its antibacterial power
- Helps minimize the risk of cancer
- It can be of aid for prevention of sugar spikes common in people with diabetes
Below, check out the recipe for warm turmeric water!
Warm Turmeric Water Recipe
8 ounces of filtered warm water
½ tsp of turmeric
¼ tsp of black pepper
A tsp of honey, optional
Add the turmeric in a cup and begin to slowly add the warm water. Add the black pepper and stir. Add the honey and drink while warm!