This homemade recipe made with turmeric is one of the most effective natural cures for a variety of health problems. Turmeric has been long used as a spice in Indian cuisine and it is present in numerous Ayurvedic healing remedies for more than 1,000 of years. It is obtained from the ginger-like rhizome of Curcuma longa which is a tropical Indian herb.
This cure is known among people as the Golden Milk and it has the power to enhance your overall health and well-being on multiple levels! It is tasty and easy-to-prepare. You will love it and it will definitely become your favorite warm beverage, for sure!
Why Start Consuming Golden Milk now?
- It is an Ayurvedic elixir that can better the functioning of the whole body
- Golden milk can restore the balance in the nervous system and improve your digestive health
- It has strong anti-inflammatory characteristics that are beneficial for the prevention and treatment of catarrhal illnesses
- It reduces infection
- Increases one’s cognitive capacity
- Lubricates the joints
- Provides relief from cold and flu symptoms
- It will cleanse the blood from toxins
- It can regulate the blood sugar levels
- It will purify the skin
- Strengthens the immune system and helps fight off diseases
- Helps you in the fight against autoimmune illnesses
- It decreases headaches
- It may be beneficial for the reproductive health of women
- Helps you fall asleep easier (drink it before bed)
Recipe for Golden Milk
You will need:
1/8 tsp of turmeric powder
Half a cup of water
A cup of regular or coconut, pecan, or any other type of milk you prefer
Organic honey to taste
Preparation: Bring the water to boil and add the turmeric. Cook it for 8 minutes and in the meantime, in another pot, boil the milk. Afterwards, mix the water and turmeric and milk and add the honey.
Use: For optimal results, go with a cup of warm turmeric milk two or three times on the daily and drink it while warm. Consuming it before bed is a great method to relax the body and mind and strengthen the immunity while sleeping.
Important to note:
- Before you start consuming this natural remedy, make sure you consult your doctor, especially if you are pregnant or nursing