You have probably heard a lot about the health advantages of consuming extra virgin olive oil, right? In today’s article, we decided to present its healing properties against cough and other cold symptoms.
This is especially important because we are in the midst of the cold and flu season so having an extra remedy in our kitchen cabinet can be of great aid! With the help of olive oil and another powerful and all-natural ingredient, you can alleviate clogged nose, irritated throat, and coughing.
How to Use Olive Oil & Relieve Cold & Flu Symptoms
Since it possesses strong lubricating characteristics, olive oil is highly beneficial for the treatment of sore throat. Swallowing one tbsp of it can help with even the most annoying and irritating coughs. And, it will also avert cell oxidation.
To treat the symptoms, consume one tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on an empty stomach. If you cannot consume the oil directly, combine it with a bit of sugar to improve the flavor and also help with sore throat. And, you can also combine it with honey and lemon juice. This is one of the most powerful natural syrups and it is not just beneficial for the treatment of coughing, but it can also relieve sore throat too.
Continue reading the article to learn how to prepare it…
Olive Oil & Lemon Juice Remedy
You will need:
A tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Several drops of lemon juice, freshly squeezed
Preparation and use: Mix the two ingredients and consume it in the morning, before breakfast.
The Benefits of the Olive Oil & Lemon Juice Remedy
- It may alleviate constipation because olive oil has a natural laxative capacity, especially when taken on an empty stomach
- Both ingredients have detoxifying properties and they are exceptional for detoxifying the whole body, particularly the gallbladder and liver
- It can balance the cholesterol levels and triglycerides
- It can reduce digestive issues, especially stomach ache, indigestion, and gastric acidity
- Helps with weight loss thanks to its characteristics that can ease the procession of food and reduce the absorption of bad sugar and fats
In addition to using this remedy, it is also pivotal to use olive oil in your diet, that is, add it to fresh salads, pasta, baking goods, etc.