Have you heard about the miracle garlic soup which is considered to be highly beneficial in the fight against colds, flu, and the norovirus? Made with 50 garlic cloves and some other pretty amazing ingredients like lemons, thyme, and onions, this soup is a powerful and healing meal that will destroy any viruses that may try to enter your body.
Why is this garlic soup so potent in the fight against viruses? –Because of its active compound known as allicin. This substance has some pretty amazing health benefits to offer. Check them out in the list below and then learn the recipe for the garlic soup too!
The Health Advantages of Garlic
- When garlic is crushed, it releases allicin, a compound that decreases the bad cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Garlic prevents atherosclerosis or arterial hardening
- It helps destroy viruses and bacteria causing colds, earache, and the flu
- Garlic may be beneficial in the fight against digestive problems like diarrhea
- Garlic is also an anti-cancer food according to some scientific data
- Garlic is a great natural way to stop infections, better the blood flow, and prevent cardiovascular issues
- Garlic has the capacity to destroy germs associated with gum disease and tooth decay
DIY Garlic Soup Recipe
You will need:
26 garlic cloves, unpeeled
26 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tbsp of olive oil
2 tbsp of butter
3 ½ cups of veggie broth
½ cup of coconut milk
1 ½ tsp of thyme, chopped
2 ¼ cups of onions, chopped
½ cup of ginger slices
½ tsp of cayenne powder
4 lemon wedges
Preparation: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While you wait for the oven to warm up, place baking paper over a baking tray and put the unpeeled cloves. Sprinkle sea salt and olive oil and bake them for 45 minutes. Do not forget to cover them with a foil to prevent them from burning.
Once they are baked, leave the garlic to cool down a bit and squeeze the cloves to encourage the release of allicin. Leave them aside, and in a pan, melt the butter and mix it with the onions, ginger, thyme, and cayenne powder. Cook on medium heat for 6 minutes before adding the previously roasted garlic and the remaining garlic too.
Cook for 3 minutes and then add the broth and cook for 20 more minutes or until the garlic becomes tender. Afterwards, transfer the content in a blender and blend it before putting it back into the saucepan. Add the coconut milk and simmer for a couple of minutes. Before removing from heat, season with salt and pepper.
Serving tip: Squeeze a wedge of lemon to the soup prior to serving. Enjoy!