Gout is a type of arthritis which is characterized by ache in the joints which intensifies if the joints are near the big toe. In most cases, the pain strengthens throughout the night and it is accompanied by heat, swelling, and redness in this area. The major causes of gout are high levels of alcohol and soda drink consumption, an injury, an infection, poor hydration and they can lead to the deposition of uric acid in the blood, also known as hyperuricemia. It may also be a consequence of a diet abundant in purine-rich foods and fasting and crash diets.
How Is Uric Acid Produced in the Body?
Uric acid in the blood is created from the purine metabolism, which is then transferred in the kidneys from where it is expelled from the kidneys. However, the kidneys may not be capable to process them properly if the uric acid levels are higher and this may result in surplus crystallization of the uric acid around the joints and trigger gout.
Luckily, there are many natural methods to put an end to gout! Although it is conventionally addressed with meds, a healthy lifestyle and a balanced nutrition has the power to alleviate the gout attacks and minimize their occurrence. Check out some beneficial tips below!
Medical Causes of Gout
- Diuretic meds
- Sudden illness
- Cyclosporine, a drug
How to Naturally Lower the Uric Acid Crystals in the Body
- Increase the intake of vitamin C
- Lower the stress in your life by meditating, doing yoga, listening to music, or taking a walk in nature
- Lower the intake of fish, meat, and poultry
- Drink sugar-free herbal tea, natural juices, and a lot of water
- Avoid consuming products with high levels of fructose corn syrup
- Exclude sugary drinks from your diet
- Decrease the consumption of candies, cakes, and white bread
- Do not overindulge in alcohol
Natural Tonics against Gout
- Prior to dinner and lunch, drink a glass of filtered with combined with a tbsp of ACV
- Consume a glass of water and half a tsp of baking soda on a daily basis
- In the morning, prior to breakfast, opt for a glass of warm lemon water
Useful Diet Improvements
- Grapes, berries, and cherries
These fruits are abundant in strong anti-inflammatory characteristics
Curcumin, turmeric’s active ingredient, possesses anti-inflammatory abilities
These seeds will lower the uric acid’s serum.
Parsley contains flavonoids known as kaempferol and quercetin which can help decrease the uric acid amount in the body.
This delicious fruit has strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory characteristics, mostly due to the bromelain found in it
Additional Helpful Tips
- In order to lower the inflammation and ache in the big toe, soak it several times per week in a mixture of warm water and Epsom salt
- You can also apply hot and cold compresses to lower the swelling and pain in the joints; 15 minutes every 3 hours