According to In Shape Today, the large intestine’s main function is to absorb salt and water from feces, in addition to storage. Regular cleansing of the internal organs that are in charge of toxin removal, including the colon, is pivotal as to prevent serious health issues such as diarrhea, nausea, poor appetite, weak immunity, stomach ache, constipation, headaches, and bad breath.
In order for the colon to function optimally and to remove feces regularly, it needs to be kept clean at all times. You can achieve this with the help of an external cleanse. With this in mind, this article will present a DIY remedy that we discovered over at Longevity Box and many people swear by its effects.
DIY Colon Cleanse Remedy
You will need:
2 tbsp of aloe vera gel
A liter of water
Raw honey, optional
Preparation: Squeeze the lemon and mix the lemon juice with the aloe vera. Now, put the mixture in a blender together with the water. Blend them for a minute or two. Once the mixture becomes homogeneous, transfer it into a glass and drink right away. If you want to, feel free to sweeten it with a bit of organic honey. Enjoy!
Use: Drink it on an empty stomach, half an hour prior to breakfast. Consume another glass half an hour after meals.
Diet Tips for a Healthy Colon
According to Rush, to ensure optimal colon health, you should implement the following tips:
- Decrease the intake of red meat and processed meats
- Lower your sugar consumption
- Eat more fiber for healthy intestines and colon
- Make sure you get enough calcium and vitamin D from whole foods
- At least 50 percent of your daily grains, i.e. three to five serving should consist of whole grains such as quinoa, whole-wheat flour, brown rice, barley, quinoa, and oatmeal