Without doubt, coughing is no fun, regardless of your age. And, a lot of people describe it as one of the worst feelings ever! You cannot lie down to relax or let alone get a good night’s sleep. Unfortunately, coughing, along with runny nose and sore throat, is one of the most annoying flu and cold symptoms!
According to Fit Life, to address the coughing, most people rely on over-the-counter syrups; however, they do not always provide the necessary relief and are often too expensive. What’s more, they can often worsen the situation, right? This is because they contain dangerous chemicals. This being said, it may be a better option to turn to natural remedies for which you do not need to spend a small fortune and what’s more, they are safe for use and provide relief within a short amount of time.
In this article, we decided to present one of the most powerful DIY cures that will stop the coughing and remove all clogged mucus. You just need a couple of easily-affordable ingredients. Let us take a look at the recipe now.
Anti-Cough DIY Remedy: Ginger Wraps
You will need:
A tbsp of ginger, powdered
Half a tbsp of honey, raw
2 tbsp of olive oil
A tbsp of flour
Preparation and application: First, in a bowl, mix the flour and honey and then add the ginger and olive oil and stir everything together. Then, place the content onto a napkin and wrap gauze around it and tape it onto the chest. Leave it like that overnight (for children, only 3 hours before going to bed). In the morning, remove it and rinse the area. Repeat the procedure the next night.
If you happen to sweat more than usually, do not worry, this is a sign that the treatment is working.
The Healing Properties of the Ingredients
- Strengthens the immunity
- Reduces inflammation
- Lowers nausea
- Betters the digestion
- Alleviates muscle ache
- Improves the cognition
- Averts cancer
- Balances the cholesterol
- Reduces coughing and colds
- Regulates weight
- Relieves allergies
- Speeds up the healing of wounds and burns
- Balances the blood sugar levels
- Olive oil
- Possesses strong antioxidant power
- Minimizes inflammation
- Lowers chance of strokes
- Keeps the heart healthy
- Strengthens the brain
- Decreases your chance of diabetes
- Protects from cancer
Useful Tips to Prevent Coughing
- Follow a healthy diet based on whole foods, including fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and whole grains
- Consume green juices and smoothies
- Add superfoods to your diet to lower inflammation in the body like turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and honey
- Remember to drink sufficient amount of water; try to reach 8 glasses on a daily basis
- Introduce regular workout to your life for at least half an hour per day
- Go out in nature more often and make sure you are physically active
- Dress warm when it is cold during cold weather
- Fight off stress by relaxation, reading, meditation, yoga, colouring, etc.
- Try to get at least 8 hours of sleep per night
- Think positive thoughts