Did you know that chia seeds can do more for your body and well-being in one spoon than almost any other food you have in your pantry? This is because they are abundant in pivotal nutrients that the body needs for optimal performance, including minerals, protein, fiber, and omega-3s. They are also great for those who need to drop surplus pounds because when digested, they expand, increase your satiety, and avert overeating.
In addition to weight loss benefits, they can also help you better your skin quality. Before we show you some amazing ways to incorporate them to your daily diet, we will present a list with some of its best healing benefits. You will be amazed!
Chia Seeds: Unique Healing Properties
- Abundant in protein
- Beneficial for the health of the hair, skin, and nails
- They are gluten-free
- An excellent egg replacement- mix them with some water to get a gel-like consistency and use it in recipes
- Since it is abundant in fiber, it can help relieve digestive problems
- Suitable for diabetics because it balances the glucose levels in the blood
- They have 5 times more calcium than milk
- They have twice the amount of potassium than bananas
- They contain 3 times more iron than spinach
- They have 7 times more vitamin C than oranges do
- Chia seeds have different types of amino acids in them, to be more precise, 8 types!
- They make a great brain and heart food- abundant in omega-3s
- Chia seeds are potent antioxidants and have 4 times more antioxidants than blueberries have
How to Incorporate Chia Seeds to Your Daily Diet?
- Add them in baked goods- whether it is homemade bread or whole-grain pancakes, add some chia seeds to enhance the nutritive value. Add two tbsp of chia seeds in the uncooked batter.
- Mix them with your cereals- to boost your healthy breakfast even more, add a tbsp of chia seeds to it. This will supply your body with the much-needed nutrients like iron, zinc, magnesium, and calcium.
- Sprinkle them on top of salads- to ensure optimal absorption of nutrients, you need to combine veggies and healthy fat. So, the next time you are preparing a salad, make sure you sprinkle a tbsp of chia seeds prior to serving.
- Combine them in your smoothies and shakes- when you add chia seeds to your morning smoothie or juice, you will keep the body well hydrated, reduce cravings, and boost the satiety.
- Mix them with probiotics- the next time you drink a glass of yogurt, make sure it has chia seeds in it. This will better the texture, but enhance the health advantages too-in addition to the probiotics from yogurt, you will also receive fiber and good fats from the seeds.